Zoe Saldana looked radiant in a lilac Elie Saab number at the Cosmopolitan for Latinas launch party last night in NYC. The 33-year-old Avatar star covers the premiere issue of the magazine, which hit newsstands on May 1. Zoe has another reason to celebrate, as she's also nominated for best Latino actor at the upcoming MTV Movie Awards for her work in Colombiana. Zoe is currently wrapped up in three new projects, shooting two thrillers, Blood Ties and Out of the Furnace, as well as a Star Trek sequel. She may once again don the tight blue suit as Neytiri in Avatar 2, but for last night's launch, Zoe was all about being herself. Having split from boyfriend of 11 years Keith Britton in November of last year, Zoe reflected on her new life. She also spoke about body image, NYC, and how it feels to be in her 30s. Zoe said: On following her heart: "The reality is, I have gotten this far because I don’t pay attention to anything but my heart and what I want to do. And if it's a hit today, or if it’s a miss tomorrow, seriously - no regrets because if I follow my heart I can never be wrong." On body image: "I have always been on the slender side, and I am the only one in my family! Trust me, they hate that I can eat! And I am not saying because I got it like that, but the older you get, you to have to be more conscious about your body. Not the image things that might suffer, but it's internal - your heart with cholesterol and fats, or depriving your body of certain nutrients you need just because you want to look good." On being inspired by her hometown: "There is nothing more beautiful than coming here to New York because this is my native home. Seeing the fashion in the streets, even going into the deli or the bodega, it makes me miss New York so much. But LA is like that too. I just love art, and I don’t care if it comes in a pair of sneakers, a painting, or a Givenchy dress." On her 30s: "I am very happy now that in my early 30s the pressure of wanting to please others dissipates more and more. And now, it's about being me. There have been a lot of changes in my life over the past year. But I am happy that through all that, the biggest gift I have been receiving every day is getting to know myself not through anybody else and not through another entity or another organization that tells me who I am but me. And it feels kind of fu*king cool being in your 30s, I have to say." View Slideshow ›

--
Posted By sysop to Smells Like News at 5/12/2012 05:39:00 AM

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Smells Like News" group.
To post to this group, send email to smellslikenews@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to smellslikenews+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/smellslikenews?hl=en.

0 comments